The Control Is Not Available Because you Don’t Have The correct Permission on People Picker - SharePoint 2010

User  getting "The control is not available because you do not have the correct permissions" message on a "People or Group" filed type even if complete read and write access to a SharePoint list or library was given.

The control is not available because you do not have the correct permissions
I had a list named ContentApprovers with a column name Approver.

The column was of "People or Group" type and it has to get data from one of the SharePoint Group named "Approvers".


ContentApprovers List, Column Approver Setup

While users were accessing this list to insert data, they were getting, "The control is not available because you do not have the correct permissions" message.

First thing that came to my mind that may be sufficient rights are not given on ContentApprovers  list, but when I checked complete read and write access was given.

Then I thought to look into the SharePoint Group "Approvers"


SharePoint Group "Approvers"



Must Read : To check if item modified by one of the list of people - SharePoint 2010



At first It looked normal , but then I noticed that in the "Who can view the membership of the group section, I have selected Group Member.

I changed it to "Everyone" and saved it.

SharePoint Group "Approvers"Membership view Changed to "Everyone"


Then I went again to ContentApprovers  list, and Hurreeey! it worked like a charm.


List Showing People Picker, Without Error




Thanks for your comment